Undergraduates at the University of Maine who plan to major in Biology must take Bio 200: The Biology of Organisms. Students attend lecture in a large auditorium and then break out into groups for lab. I taught two sections of twenty students each. Topics covered included:
- plant reproduction and anatomy, incuding photosynthesis experiments
- animal development, chicken embryos, cockroach dissection
- tissue anatomy and physiology
- kidney anatomy, function, and experiments
- heart and lung dissections, and more.